Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The $200 incident

I have been quietly freaking out this week and let me tell you why.  I have tried to register several times and cannot.  I have a hold!
  The dreaded hold.  It  can keep you from getting your grades, getting your money, it can even bar you from scratching your butt.  Just kidding, but that's what it feels like.
   Seniors can register this week beginning on the 15th, however, I could not.  I started having Southwest Tech flashbacks.  I could just see me trying to register, my money right there, and them telling me, "Oh, we thought you could register, but you have to take some tests you haven't studied for, draw up a contract in blood, or give us your first born!" or something.

I am kinda attached to the little stinker, so I guess I'll keep him.

      I have been blowing up the phone at UTM's Financial Aid office all week. Monday was when the storming of the castle began.

     I tried to enter my classes, the computer said, "NO!", so I immediately panicked.  I started calling the Business Affairs office, where  the scary "you owe us $200 that you didn't know about" email told me to call.  Of course, I was transferred three times, then I reached an answering machine.  I left a message.  They didn't call me back.  I didn't really expect them to.
   Off the subject: Did you notice that no-one ever does?  Answering Machines are somewhat obsolete now since no-one ever calls you back.  You have to text or contact people online, nowadays to get anything done.  I've tried in person, but apparently,

there are no more people because everyone just tells you, call us, email us, try us online.  I'm looking at you.  I'm standing here, you're standing there, why can you not just, ya know, tell me with spoken words?
     Back on the Subject: Anyhoo, so I call back two days in a row.  Always transferred, always an answering machine.  Finally, today, an answer.  Someone answered!  Yay!  I gave her my info, she is looking into it.  Then she says, guess what:  "I have to research this a little.  I will call you back."

Yeah, right.  ARRGGHHH!!

But.... She did.  She ACTUALLY called me back!  I couldn't believe it.   Naturally, I missed her call not believing that she would really call me back.  So I returned her call.  Apparently there was a minor mix up in billing.  They used some creative moving things around.  It took less than 5 minutes and the little $200 issue is now resolved. 

WHOO-HOO! Can I say it again?  WHOO-HOO!!!

And now I can register for these classes and stress out over them. Fun times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...