Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Windows Live Writer

I have just installed the lovely Windows Live Writer 2011.  It came as part of my newest suggested updates on my laptop and I said, why not?  So  I decided to try it out.  It’s a nice little desktop program that links to your blog and allows you to write and publish straight from your desktop.  I’ll keep updating on how I like it.  So far, so good.
  The writer is easy to use and basically set up like an office word program with the source code and preview optional viewing right there at the   bottom.  You can check them as you work or write straight from the source code.  I like the fact that I get to write straight onto the page.  The biggest drawback is that I cannot edit the template unless I log onto the internet. At least I think I can’t.  We’ll see. 

Apparently you can post tags for various sites via the post tags option under the insert tab.  That’s pretty cool.  I just posted technorati tags and

above you can see my del.icio.us tags.  Also inserting a split post (when you give a summary on the main page with a link for more, so that readers can click to get to the post’s page and read the whole story), it’s as easy as one click on the top left sidebar under the insert tab.
Anyhoo, that’s it so far.  Will keep checking back.  Toodles.

Revised review:  Nov 13, 2010
So far, so good.  I have found that there are a variety of plug-ins that make this little download a bit of heaven.  The twitter plug-in and the firefox blog this plug-in by microsoft are my faves thus far.  I haven’t really tried out too much else since I am a little leery of downloading items by unverified creators.  I am  building up my confidence to try them, though, because people have made some really fun plug-ins. 
I have found that  you can link several blogs to the windows live writer which is awesome so my hubby and I can take turns writing on our respective blogs without going through a whole sign-in process.  
New updates forth-coming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...