Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Letter To Charlie Sheen

Dear Mr. Charlie Sheen,


Thank you for flipping out.  You have finally achieved what you seemed to to be determined to do and got yourself fired.  Bravo! No, I am not being facetious in the least.  I applaud you, Sir, for getting out.

You see, I love How I Met Your Mother.  No, I mean, I friggin' LOVE that show.  It's funny as ?@#%.  The cast, the dialog, the way they play off each other; it's (dare I say it) reminiscent of FRIENDS.  There.  I said it.  And that's the highest honor I can give a series in my opinion.

Here's the problem.  There's HIMYM, a true gem of a comedy half hour, and there's Mike and Molly, a wonderful show that I am coming to really appreciate.  Then there's your show.  Nestled in between two fresh, buxom, brilliant beauties like a shriveled, dull, gray, wart-faced troll just waiting for it's chance to unleash the foul breath  of stagnant refuse that is Two and a Half Men, on the world.   No longer will I be forced to sit in mind and butt-numbing boredom as CBS trots out that lame ass, tired, pointless played out show.


Don't get me wrong.  I am an equal opportunity comedy show watcher.  I have seen a lot of  crappy shows: Tom Green Show, Reno 911, That 80's Show, V.I.P., The Ropers, this list goes on and on and on.  I have even watched the South Park where they took the poo and..., well you get the picture.   There was actual crap involved in that one.  But your show, excuse me, your ex-show, OMG.

I really, really, really, really want to meet those two kid's mother,  because I am five years vested in the show, but I dread having to turn CBS on and risk seeing one of Two and a Half Men's commercials while I wait on HIMYM to return.  The actual sound of your theme song makes my ears, completely independent of my body, want to bleed.

I completely understand how being on the set of such a show could be enough to drive a man to drink,-- drive him a little crazy, even--,  knowing that each moment he spends working on this show, he spends working towards gross mediocrity.

Your eccentric antics have been cries for help.  You were reaching out into an abyss and no-one could hear your cries, Charlie, but you were crying out!  And here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for, your torture is over.

I know that it was no real sacrifice for you, The End of Two and a Half Men, but I still want to say, Thank you.  Thank You.  Thank You, from the bottom of my heart, for your Tiger's Blood.  CBS has indeed picked a fight with a bi-winning warlock and I know that you  will use your mightiest spells to punish them for your long torture and for  placing such rancid, rotting, fertilizer on television,  where our children might see it.

Best Regards,

faith D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...