Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Class Assignment: Glogster? Huh? What?

So, I found a new something to while away my time and whittle down my productivity: Glogster!

I've never heard of such but apparently the glog is an up and coming thing.  People who have MySpace pages will love this.  Believe it or not, my professor was the one who introduced me to this little bit of internet fluff.  We had a book report to turn and as an alternative and creative way to do a book report, we had to create and turn in a glog about it.

Fun huh?

What's a Glog, you say?  Well, I'll tell you.

Its a graphic, its a blog, it's a GLOG!  It's pretty cool, Glogster offers graphics, fun text blocks and scrolls, backgrounds, and animated elements to help you decorate your new glog and unlike most regular blogs where the background is static and never changes from page to page, from emotion to emotion, each glog you make can be different and fresh.   You, of course, can save and share your glogs with the world (facebook, twitter, blogger, etc.), a select few, or just with yourself.

I did my glog on an anthology called Night Terrors: Stories of Shadow and Substance, edited by one of my favorite young adult horror fiction author's, in my humble opinion, Lois Duncan.  I decided to express my impressions of the book by taking some of the stories that spoke to me the most from the text, and creating some short poems about them.

I call it Short Poems for Short Stories.  Tell me what you think...

  To view and read this full glog:  http://sanslumiere.glogster.com/nightterrors/
Or make it full sized by clicking on the link in the embedded glog below



Now go do your own Glog and shoot me a link!  I'll check them out and maybe feature any that I  like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...