Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

What’s For Dinner? Beef!

Guess what I’m having for dinner tonight? 

I know that some people don’t dig meat  but I am not one of them.  Sometimes I absolutely crave an inappropriately large cut of juicy steak. There’s nothing wrong with a nice clogged artery once in a while, eh?  Besides I always eat my steak with veggies, I promise.  

IMG_4644 (2) I try to get my red meat fix once a week and someone always has a sale on something.    This week’s steak:  Grilled T-Bone.  Mmm.  My favorite!

We started with a nice 1 inch cut T-bone (approx. 1lb., added kosher salt, garlic powder, and fresh cracked pepper, tenderized
with a fork (a meat tenderizer seasoning can have way too much sodium, MSG, and if it tenderizes meat, guess what it does to your insides? Meat pounders tend to make the texture of the meat too soft. ), and tossed on the grill. 

Yes, I grill!

I’m pretty good at it, too!  My specialty?  Steak.   However, this time, my husband got the steaks on the grill and they look marvelous, don’t you agree?

After being tossed  on the grill, those juicy t-boned beauties were seared,IMG_4643 then grilled to medium perfection (about 10 minutes, five to seven minutes per side on high heat) and now, these babies are melt in your mouth great. 

We grilled mushrooms and tiny boiler onions, sautéed in garlic and butter.  Roasted potatoes and parmesan crusted asparagus complete the meal.

Jealous Much?

Drooling can be hazardous to your keyboard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...