Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stupid Laptop!


So, my computer is broken.  I mean, it crashed or something.  I don’t know what happened.    It’s a Toshiba Satellite L305 and we’ve only had it about three years.  I figured I might get just a bit more use out of it than this.  I still have 84gbs of space to use!   Crap.   I am very sad.  It “lost” several of my more recently added or updated programs and  wouldn’t allow me to turn on my Anti-virus (Norton).  So I downloaded another anti-virus to protect it while it was being a butt hole.

 I finally got Norton on.  Ran scans with Windows Defender, Norton, AVG, and Malwarebytes and no viruses or any problems were found.   I ran some diagnostics, did some trouble-shooting.  Nothing.   7 hours later, yes, I said seven, --the Norton scan alone took 4 hours--,  It seems there is nothing wrong with the laptop.  The computer wasn’t giving me trouble anymore so it seemed like it might work alright.  I used it, no problems, then shut down, as usual.


There was trouble, trouble when I started it back up the next day: Blue screens and black screens and systems repairs and me wringing my hands hoping that it would all work.  It took long enough for me to contemplate smashing it on the tile floor or throwing it out the window.   I finally got it up and running after 3 hours.  It had booted AVG anti-virus when I restarted the computer and Norton is now useless.  Now the machine  won’t access the internet at all and it keeps booting off installed programs like my Microsoft Office Suite 2010, things that I know are good programs.   The internet won’t even connect directly from the cable, much less wireless.   “Wireless?  What’s that?,” the computer seems to mock me.  This is so not good since I am attending school online.   I NEED my internet!  I need my Facebook, twitter, Stumbleupon, CNET, hulu…  ARGHHH!!!

Right now, I’m using my husband’s computer but that won’t last.  The NFL draft is coming up apparently and, as a good wife, I know that nothing is more important than the NFL Draft, or something like that.   Besides, his is slower than mine was.  It takes me forever to get anything done.

 So, I guess I’m looking for a new laptop, which should make me happy since I LOVE tech shopping.   I just dread transferring all of my files and having to look up all my old programs to re-install.  I’m a techie freak  and am usually pretty good at keeping my stuff maintained and working, but I know pretty much nil about repairing notebooks.     I’d heard Toshiba’s were pretty good laptops but apparently not that good. 

Any suggestions?

 I’m looking for some light gaming such as battle realms, surfing, live streaming, at least 2gb and 320gb, at least 2.1GHz, 5400 or 7200 rpm, Intel p6200 or higher  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...