Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Published: Blue Senryu

As you may know I dabble in a bit of poetic composition.

In other words, I try to write poetry.  Well, I finally got the nerve up, --via a poetry class that required I submit some of my work--, and sent a poem or two in.

I got one rejection and one acceptance.  Yay!  One out of two ain't bad, I'm thinking.  Although I do somewhat want to string up the people who rejected my poem, with barbed wire by their toes.


Just a little bit.


This is the poem that got me into the February 2011 issue of the online poetry volume, 4 and 20.  The link to the website is here: http://4and20poetry.com/past-issues/

Blue Senryu


Blue Sky,
bottomless Ocean meet and find they often wear
the same clothes.

by Faith Davis

You can check on the website for the February Issue or download the PDF from the link below.
February 2011. Volume 4. Issue 2 (PDF 1.2 MB) 


Do you write poetry and are leery of sending it in? So was I, but when someone finally accepts something you write, it's worth all of the rejections.  If you are interested in exploring your writing potential further, try the Poets and Writer's website at http://www.pw.org

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...