Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Ode to a Wine Glass

In honor of Spring Break and the many, many, unwashed, up-all-night, throwing up in a garbage can, youth and not-so-youth out there celebrating it the best way they know how, here's to you! 

 Isn't it wonderful when St. Patrick's Day and Spring Break are in the same week?  


Ode to a Wine Glass
You, burned, blazed and spun
pulled, shaped, the sun shines through
you, white or red.
Or delicate diamond
sparkling spheres that pop and tickle.
Don’t think me fickle, but
I love them all.
Whatever you touch, the best.
I confess, I’m ever so grateful for
your kind contribution to
the amplification
of my intoxication.

Faith Davis
November 28, 2010

2 comments:

JS Grame-Smith said...

Very beautiful lines.... For wine glasses :)
-Plastic Wine Glasses

Faith D. said...

Thanks John! Yay! My first Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...