Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

I Have The Cheese, You Provide The Whine

Talking to a three year old can be so much fun!  Recently I was getting my son, Hayden, ready to go out.  We were on our way to a barbeque at my in-laws.  I was telling Hayden about all of the people we would see:  All of his aunts and uncles, grandparents, cousins.  He'd recently spent the night with my sister in law and  her children and was eager to see them again.

I said, "Hayden, aren't you excited?  You get to see your cousins and play with them!"

Hayden:  "Uh-huh.  We have fun!"

Me:  "Yes, you get to see...",  I started naming his cousin's.  As I got to one of his older cousins, Hayden started to shake his head, vehemently.



"No, no, no," he said.
" What?" I asked.
"No," Hayden said, "I never see Joe."

He was talking about his cousin.  To Hayden  "I never" is the same as "I don't want to."

"Why don't you want to see Joe?"  I was surprised, Joe's usually one of his favorites.

"He make me mad!"  He crossed his arms and frowned.

"How did he make you mad?"


Hayden looked up at me and very seriously said, "He never (he wouldn't) give me his cheese."

His cheese?  "His cheese?"  Hayden LOVES cheese so it's not surprising that  he saw someone with cheese and wanted it for his own.

Hayden nodded, arms still crossed.  "He never give me his cheese."

"What cheese?"  I asked.

"His cheese in his mouf."

Okay.  "So, Joe wouldn't give you the cheese in his mouth?"

"No.  He never give me his cheese in his mouf."

So let me get this straight, "You are mad at Joe because he wouldn't give you the cheese... from his mouth?"

Hayden replied, "Uh-huh."

"The cheese he was already chewing?"

"Uh-huh."

Thank you, Joe!  Yuck!

Any fun conversations lately?  Feel free to share!

2 comments:

April said...

I don't have any youngsters, but I actually have a story related to this and it's disgusting:

(1) I'm lactose intolerant.
(2) Sometimes-- (rarely, I promise) (when I'm sitting at home on the couch) (when I'm being a total slob)--anyway, sometimes when I'm eating pizza... I'll suck the sauce off the cheese and then put it back on my plate. I don't swallow it because of point #1.

One night, the mister was sitting next to me on the couch and unknowingly popped a piece of freshly-sucked cheese in his mouth before I could warn him.

...yeah. He hasn't taken anything off my plate since then : )

Faith D. said...

@ April,
Awesome!
Same thing here, but replace the cheese with a pickle from my cheeseburger and replace your husband with one of my best friends. And her sisters, also best friends, were there to witness. No one ever lets her live that one down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...