Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Said, "Go Fly A Kite...."

So we did.

 My husband recently celebrated his birthday and we decided to stay around the house and do family stuff for the occasion.  We packed a picnic and went out to explore our backyard.   Since Adam talked about flying kites when he was a child, I went out and got a kite for us to fly.

 I'm not  a kite flyer.  At least I'd never done it before, so I didn't really know the hazards of trees, power lines, and low wind.

Alas, we had all three.  But we managed to have a great time, too.

 Here are a few pics from our kite adventure:


We had some trouble keeping the kite in the air.
 He seemed to prefer:  the bushes


the power-line

the power line, again, and....

the ground.
trying to catch some air.

We got it!

No, we don't.


Yes, we do!




Yay!  Hayden and I flew a kite for the first time.

Any fun thing you and your family like to do together?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...