Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Baby on the way! Just in case you didn't know (Ick factor #2)

I have been absent from the blogosphere for quite a while now. If you noticed I didn't post any in October or November.  I've been a little bit busy.  But I should never be too busy for you, my sporadic readers! 

I apologize for my Houdini act.

So to catch you up: I finally finished college.  Yay!  I'm officially a bachelorette (that's correct, right?) in English and Education.  I made it through the hair pullingly stressful summer finals with most of my hair in tact and finished August 12, barely.

Barely, I say because the week before finals I found out I was, dum da dum, pregnant.   Surprise, surprise!



Of course, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise since I'm married and Adam and I like to do all those fun things that married people like to do: kiss on the lips, hold hands, etc.  But, it was a surprise.  Here I am gearing up to graduate and begin my job search in earnest with some credentials that might actually help me get said job only to find out I'm pregnant.  Arrgh! 

I've  really been looking forward joining the workforce again.  You know, having conversations with adults,   conversations that don't revolved around juice boxes, Disney movies, and  pooping in the potty. Let me tell you, no one wants to hire the pregnant lady, I don't care how many credentials she has.

Don't get me wrong, I  am very happy.  We'll be adding another to our happy little threesome and me, hubby, and Hayden, our three year old, are   very excited.  However, we also are broke.  This isn't an usual thing for us seeing as we're parents and being broke is the name of the game when you have kids.   But is is cause for... well, worry.

So I deceided to step up my efforts to find a job.  Not just any job, mind you, a job that could help us pay the soon to be large day care bills we'd be incurring, pay for gas, and help us cover the current and new bills that those silly credit and utility companies keep sending us every month for some reason.   I had been hoping to go into teaching but along with this recession thing that's been going on, are school lay offs. 

Just as I finished my last exam I found that the board of education was laying off teachers.  Double Arrgh!

Okay.  We can deal with this.  I'll just look for something else, maybe education related so that when the school board gets back on its feet, I would have a little practical experience as well.  No biggy. Hee, hee. We'll be alright.

That's when we got another wrench in the works.  We found out there were a few... complications with the pregnancy.  Hmm.

 Apparently I have a condition called, placenta previa.  If you've never heard of it, I hadn't, here are the gory details:  The placenta, which feeds the baby and allows for the baby's waste to be eliminated, is below the uterus (the place where the baby resides) instead of above the baby where it belongs.   Mine just happens to be completely covering the cervix ( the place the baby will come out of when I go into labor) so that is a problem. 

Now, plenty of women   have this condition.  It is quite common, actually, and tends to clear up all on it's own in a few weeks.  But for those it doesn't clear up for, it's an issue.    Let's just put it this way, possible bleeding and attachment to organs, and baby born early, ya know, fun stuff like that. 

Well it's been 10 weeks since the diagnosis and so far, no movement, some bleeding, and many doctors appointments. 

Luckily I was diagnosed early which means my doctors can monitor it closely to for any developments.  Unluckily, this sort of put a kibosh on my plans to look for a job.  No one wants to hire a pregnant lady, but they really don't want to hire the pregnant lady who cannot stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, cannot lift anything, walk up stairs or sit upright for most of the day.

Did I mention that for some reason, I have also been having pre-term labor pains, contractions, cramping, whatever you want to call it, for the past 8- 10 weeks?   The doctors don't know why because it isn't a symptom of the condition I have.

This has been a joyful time to be sure!  Oh, well. It's been difficult but I won't let any of  this get me down.

Then, I found out that Sy-Fy was cancelling Eureka after the next season.  Ain't that about a b%$#h!

I cried for a week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...