Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Doctors Prescribe Tetris For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - HotHardware

Doctors Prescribe Tetris For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - HotHardware

Ah-HAH!

Just as I suspected, Tetris is Good For You.

Apparently scientific studies show that Tetris can reduce the amount of traumatic flashbacks induced by traumatic events. I love Tetris, and it's very easy to get a hold of nowadays. If you know someone who has experienced trauma lately, this could be a great Christmas gift. The Gift of Tetris.

      Think of the possibilities: " Mom! I'm not playing.  I'm reducing the trauma of going to school!"

Seriously, this could be a good thing for the military.  Seems like something that the government could implement into the post traumatic syndrome therapy for our returning soldiers very easily and without much expense. Also, those soldiers can easily and cheaply get a copy to play at home when things get rough.  Might be a nice thing for them to suggest for all soldiers coming back.

I have a brother who just got back from Afghanistan.  I know what he's getting for Christmas!

I love it when science and video games collide.

Lesson:  Tetris.  Good!  Polybius: Bad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...