Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

UT Martin, road trips, and bathroom time

So I took a drive down to UT Martin campus to get a look at where I will be graduating from in the fall.  Really I had to drive down because I had a Prof. that required our portfolio be mailed in by Monday at 5pm.  I wasn't taking the chance that the mail would come in at 5:01.
 I figured since I'm an online student, I'd check out the school I was going to.   And try to sell back some books, too.

     Sunday night I turned in my poetry manuscript.  I think it's pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I may try to get it published.  Stay tuned for that.  I was up all night Saturday night working on it and Sunday I spent finalizing my Education class portfolio.  I took the 2 and a half hour drive out to Martin, going on 48 hours with no sleep, some Coca-Cola and a Starbucks Mocha doubleshot.   That was a fun drive.  It really was.  Kinda reminded me of my young college days driving out to Chattanooga.  Only this time, no mountains to drive through.  Yay!  I got to turn up the music and play whatever I wanted, sing as loud as I wanted, and  eat junk food.  It was heaven.


     Weird, what becomes a great time after you have a family.  My best friend hates the drive out from Nashville by herself.  Me, by myself is so rare, it was a pleasure.

     I used to get plenty of alone time in my office at work.  But, since I've been at home with my son, doing school again, alone is a word that is not really part of my daily vocab.  I have company in the bathroom.  When you can't go to the bathroom by yourself, you know you don't have any privacy.  It's the one place you figure people will leave you alone.

     It took a little longer to get there than I figured, because I stopped a few times to make sure I was going the right way, but shorter time than Mapquest reported.    Don't get me started on Mapquest.  I think I'm moving to Google maps.

     I swear Martin was much colder than Memphis.   My breath froze before I could breathe it out.  They already had snow on the ground.   I went by Gooch Hall, freezing my butt off, to drop off my final portfolio, so keep your fingers crossed.  I'd sure hate to have wasted  sic hours on the road and 30+ on gas to get a bad grade.  Not to mention all that beautiful, beautiful sleep.

    I had a math test to take before midnight so I did that and I think the caffeine in my system finally wore off at 12:15am.   That was that.

     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...